Rex’s Day Care
Daycare at Rex’s Place is an action packed program that entertains your dog all day. We always say that there are very few dogs that need daycare every day…but EVERY dog needs it once or twice a week. Why? Dogs are pack animals and, once or twice a week, they just want to be a dog. That’s what we do at Rex’s Place. We let them be themselves.
Dogs will come home happy and tired. They will get a lot of exercise and you will be able to have a little time for yourself without feeling guilty about leaving them home alone all day. Our goal is consistency and communication about the service we provide.
What do we do? Shy dogs get confidence. Energetic dogs get tired. Nervous dogs get cuddled and walked. We realize daycare has to be different things to different dogs and we try to provide all of that to our four legged friends. Out goal is to exercise them physically AND mentally so that we build the foundation for a great human and canine relationship.
What you should expect?
- 24,000 square feet
- 1500 sq feet small dog play room
- 3500 wrestling room
- 1500 ball room
- 5500 outdoor space with pool, sand box and more
- 4500 separate boarding house
- 15-25 dogs per playgroup
- Crate-free OR kennel boarding
- Learning about your dog’s socialization skills from our daily report cards
What are the requirements?
- The following immunizations are required:
- You must complete our enrollment form and provide us with vet records showing that all vaccinations are current.
- Dogs must take and pass a temperament test.
- Must be in good health and flea/tick free.
- Must be non-aggressive and not toy protective.
- Must never have bitten or injured another animal or person.
- Respiratory Bordetella
Each pet has their own medical needs and we will accept modifications to vaccination requirements if documented and signed by your vet
It’s easy. All dogs are required to pass a temperament test. To start the enrollment; process, click below for our ENROLLMENT FORM. Don’t be surprised because it is really looooong. Then just call us to make an appointment to bring your dog in for a trial day so we can see if we’re a good fit for each other. Please come early, (6:30 – 8:30) as the first day introductions are the hardest part:
- Plan on staying 4-1/2 hours (we'll call you after an hour and let you know how things are going)
- If all is going well, you’re welcome to stay for the day, but we need 4-1/2 hours.
- There is a trial day charge; however, if you return and buy a package within the first week, we’ll give you a free day of daycare.
Download Our Day Care Pricing! (PDF)
Our facility is approximately 22000 sq ft. Industry standard is 100 sq ft/per dog over 50 lbs and 50 sq ft per dog for dogs under 50 lbs. Our daily limit depends on the size of dogs attending and the general atmosphere that day. Some days are more rowdy and we then take less. Some days are calmer so we can take more. We run three or four playrooms throughout the day and each playroom has no more than 25-30 dogs.
DOG DAY CARE HOURS
We are Open Mon-Fri 6:30 to 6:30
Half Day Check in no later than 10:00 – not more than 5 hours
PET TAXI SERVICE DETAILS
Pick-Up Service: Monday – Friday between 7:00 and 8:30
Drop-Off Service Monday – Friday between 3:00 – 4:00
Taxi Rate: $15.00 one way; $20.00 round trip